Match Day Access Info –
Liam Miller Tribute
September 25th, 3pm
Manchester United Legends
Republic of Ireland & Celtic Legends
Click Here for Full Traffic Management Plan
Parking & Transport
Matchday parking is not available on site. Gardaí recommend that people walk the 15 minutes to the ground from the City Centre where possible. The Garda recommended drop off point is near Páirc Uí Rinn on Boreenmanna Road which is a 5 minute walk to the stadium.
Please use Public transport where possible.
Bus Eireann are to provide a Shuttle Bus system one way to the grounds only.
DEPART LAPPS QUAY – Starting at 12noon, every 10 mins until 3pm
These Shuttle Buses can travel to the stadium and return via the emergency route along Monerea Terrace to Lapps Quay. A Garda is to be allocated to assist the shuttle buses out onto Clontarf Bridge and a second Garda at Sutton’s Coal yard entrance allocated to prevent vehicles from parking at the turning point at Sutton’s front entrance.
DEPART PARK & RIDE – starting at 12 noon , every 10 mins
Drop off point on Egilinton St next to City Hall
KENT RAIL STATION
Bus Eireann in conjunction with information from Irish Rail will provide a service from Kent Station to the match grounds at Páirc Uí Chaoimh. There will be no return shuttle bus and match attendees will have to walk back to Kent Train Station or take 202 Bus from the Blackrock Road.
Mahon Point will provide 400 Free Car Parking Spaces at the Ice Rink Venue and from there the patrons
have several options
1. they can walk a short distance to take the 202 Bus at the Mahon Point Omniplex Bus Stop to the stop on the Blackrock Road by the Temple Inn 5 minutes’ walk from the grounds.
2. They can walk across the road from Mahon Point Shopping Centre and by the Traffic Lights past the CSPCA Animal Clinic they can access the Blackrock Amenity Walk railway line which will bring pedestrians out at the stadium.
3. Alternatively, they can walk across the Road from the Mahon Shopping Centre and get the 215 or 219 from outside Johnson & Perrot’s Garage and walk from the Churchyard Lane stop 10 minutes to the grounds.
Match attendees exiting the stadium (except on River Lee/ Marina side) will be directed via VMS signage back up Maryville to a supplemented 202 Route City bound route on the Blackrock Road. A Bus Eireann Inspector with Gardaí to decide when the crowds have sufficiently cleared the Blackrock Road before these buses depart. Buses may return from the City via the South Ring Road and Mahon Point if the Bus Inspector has waiting passengers on the Blackrock Road.
Irish Rail will provide details of their services to and from Cork City to Bus Eireann and the Gardaí.
They will also provide information regarding Irish Rail car parks available to their users on the routes to Cork City. This information will be disseminated via social media by the Garda Media Liaison and by Irish Rail’s own social media presence.
There is free parking at Midleton –Carrigtwohill – Glounthane – Little Island Train stations Customer Contact Number 1-850-366222 (09:00 to 17:00 Mon to Fri). www.irishrail.ie
There is no parking available onsite on Match Day. Gardai will operate a cordon near the stadium and local estates will be barriered to stop patrons from parking in front of neighbours houses.
Parking is available at –
- Cork City Car Parks
- Cork City Q Parks
- Cork Camogie Club
- Mahon Point Ice Rink Car Park
- Black Ash Park and Ride
Q-Park operate a number of Car Parks in Cork City. Special offers are available in specified car parks for customers who prebook their parking online. You then have the choice to either walk (15 minutes) or take public transport to the stadium.
- Click on the link below & select a car park (choose from City Hall, Carroll’s Quay, St. Finbarr’s or Grand Parade).
- Choose from one of 2 options created specially for those attending matches in Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
- 24 hours – €9 – arrive at any time on match dates.
- Day product (9am – 9pm) – €7
3. Proceed to payment & You will then receive confirmation of your parking.
Drop off Points for Taxi’s
Taxis are to drop off at a designated area on the Victoria Road just before Marina Walk unless they are wheel chair taxi. Taxis may not be allowed down Centre Park Road when the volume of pedestrians is too large.
Designated Coach Parking
Cork City Council Roads and Transportation to advise the National Transport Authority that all Large Public Service Vehicles are to set down and pick up on the Boreenmanna Road near the Maxol service Station.
There will be restricted access in the following areas on match day
• Monahan Road – Birchgrove, C.A.B. Junction
• Maryville- Lower, Middle, Upper
• Blackrock Road West –Lindville, Janeville
• Blackrock Road East – Park Lane/ Avenue, Ardfoyle, Barrington’s Avenue, Beaumont Avenue, Rockcliffe/ Dromcora, Menloe Gardens, Menloe Park, Dundanion Court
• Church Yard Lane – Russet Court, Avondale Park, Copperhill, Temple Hill Lawn, Beaumont Cottages
We would ask that patrons respect our neighbours, particularly those living in the Ballintemple, Blackrock and Ballinlough area and please park responsibly. We would also ask that you heed the advice of stewards and Gardaí who will be operating at various estates and roads close the the stadium.
The newly renovated home of Cork GAA, Páirc Uí Chaoimh is a state of the art facility with a capacity of 45,000 people. This modern stadium hosts top level GAA matches, concerts and is equipped with 1500 square metres of flexible conference space.
Páirc Uí Chaoimh conference centre provides a unique offering for all event types from board meetings overlooking the main pitch to conferences and banquets in our 500 seat Seandun Suite.
4G Astro Pitch
Irelands largest fully floodlit 4G All Weather Pitch. The pitch is full sized (90m X 145m). Primarily used for the training of Cork GAA teams, it is also available to rent.
The Premium Level is on level 2 of the new South Stand. Premium level seat holders have access to 4 bars, 400 seat restaurant and the best views in the stadium. For more information on Premium packages please click here.
Manchester United Legends VS Republic of Ireland & Celtic Legends
25th September 2018 @ 3pm