The Ed Sheeran concerts promise to be the most exciting entertainment events ever to be held in Cork and will be a first for the new Páirc Uí Chaoimh stadium.
Aiken Promotions are the Event Managers and Controllers for all three concerts. Below is a synopsis of the full traffic management plan which outlines the main points. This was finalised yesterday by An Garda Síochána in conjunction with the Event Controllers and the other relevant agencies.
Páirc Uí Chaoimh, along with all other agencies will be promoting the contents of the traffic management plan as much as possible via website, social media and traditional media channels in the lead up to the concerts in order to provide attendees with as much information as possible in advance.
We in Páirc Uí Chaoimh are very cognisant of the fact that the concerts will cause some disturbance to those doing business and living close to the stadium but we can assure you that we, in conjunction with Aiken Promotions and the other agencies will be doing our utmost to minimise any disruption.
Concert Access Info
- Concert parking is not available on site. Gardaí recommend that people walk the 15 minutes to the ground from the City Centre where possible.
- Patrons are encouraged to use Public Transport where possible or alternatively give yourself adequate time to arrive to the ground. An Garda Síochána will operate a cordon for large events so early access is best.
- Bus Éireann will operate a Shuttle Bus Service from Lapps Quay (opposite City Hall, Cork) to Páirc Uí Chaoimh from 15:00 hours and will finish at 20:00 hours. This will only operate to the grounds only.
Bus Eireann in conjunction with information from Irish Rail will provide a service from Kent Station to the concert grounds at Páirc Uí Chaoimh. There will be no return shuttle bus and concert attendees will have to walk back to Kent Train Station or take 202 Bus from the Blackrock Road. Concert attendees exiting the stadium (except on River Lee/ Marina side) will be directed via VMS signage back up Maryville to a supplemented 202 Route City bound route on the Blackrock Road. A Bus Eireann Inspector with Gardaí to decide when the crowds have sufficiently cleared the Blackrock Road before these buses depart. Then 202 Buses will be called 1 at a time to the Bus Stop at the Venue Bar on the Blackrock Road. Buses may return from the City via the South Ring Road and Mahon Point if the Bus Inspector has waiting passengers on the Blackrock Road.
- Irish Rail is operating additional services to Cobh, Mallow and Midleton. For more information on these services see http://www.irishrail.ie/EdSheeran . Customers can also avail of Free Parking at Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail’s Commuter Train Stations in East Cork – i.e. at Midleton Station, Carrigtwohill Station, Glounthaune Station and Littles Island Stations.
Q-Park operate a number of Car Parks in Cork City. Special offers are available in all Q-park Cork car parks for customers who pre-book their parking online. You then have the choice to either walk (15 minutes) or take public transport to the stadium.1. Click on the link below, select a car park and click on “Pre-book your parking”.
2. Enter promotional code ‘ED2018’ to receive a 10% discount on your parking. Proceed to payment.
3. You will then receive confirmation of your parking.
We would ask that patrons respect our neighbours, particularly those living in the Ballintemple, Blackrock and Ballinlough area and please park responsibly. We would also ask that you heed the advice of stewards and Gardaí who will be operating at various estates and roads close to the stadium.